Company: Esterline Technologies Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2019
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Title, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Defense Technologies (EDT) is comprised of five wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. The Defense Technologies platform has a sole source position in Combustible Ammunition Cases and Countermeasure Chaff. Additionally, Defense Technologies produces Countermeasure Flares and related products for the global defense industry. The platform is headquartered in Coachella, CA with additional locations in the states of Arkansas and North Carolina.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies is part of the Advanced Materials Business Segment of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 828
Title: Maintenance Electrician II
Job Family: Crafts workers
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
Maintenance Electrician II is an important position within the facility. This person works in all areas and all departments. The electrician is required to be well versed in the fields of industrial commercial electrical applications and NRC code regulations as they pertain to our facility. The electrician should also have basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics, HVAC, vacuum, and steam systems. The electrician must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English. The electrician must also be able to give clear and concise verbal and written instructions in English. The electrician is expected preventive maintenance, repair, install and maintain electrical systems including, but not limited to rigid conduit, power distribution, machinery and electrical systems up to and including 460 volts AC, three-phase.
* Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on production and facilities electrical systems and machinery.
* Install electrical utilities including conduit and wire for facilities and equipment.
* Give and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
* Complete complex equipment installations.
* Read and understand complex electrical schematics and diagrams.
* Remain current on local, state, and federal electrical codes and practices
* Perform troubleshooting of electrical equipment, services, pumps, and motors.
* Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available for any shift and call backs.
* Maintain a clean work area, free of any safety or environmental hazards.
* Provide any assistance to our internal customers and other departments or any project or problem.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Must be able to determine and order required materials for equipment installations and facilities upgrades based on manufactures information, blueprints, and schematics.
* Must have basic knowledge on hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum system, and HVAC systems.
* Must be able to operate hand tools, power tools, and other equipment such as forklifts, scissor-lifts, and pipe bending, threading and cutting machines.
* Must understand and be familiar with MSPI s, and MSDS.
* Must be able to troubleshoot and fix production equipment
* Must be able to set priorities.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
* Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website, www.esterline.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Keywords: Esterline Technologies Corporation, Coachella , Maintenance Electrician, Professions , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!