Test System Engineering Co-op/Intern
Company: Esterline Technologies Corporation
Posted on: February 11, 2019
TEST SYSTEM ENGINEERING CO-OP/INTERN
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Test System Engineering Co-op/Intern, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Defense Technologies (EDT) is comprised of three wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. The Defense Technologies platform has a sole source position in Combustible Ammunition Cases and Countermeasure Chaff. Additionally, Defense Technologies produces Countermeasure Decoys, 40mm Training Payloads and related products for the global defense industry. The platform is headquartered in Coachella, CA with additional locations in the states of Arkansas and North Carolina.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies is part of the Advanced Materials Business Segment of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 650
Title: Test System Engineering Intern
Job Family: Engineering/Test
Reports to: R&D Manager
Works with: Mid-level managers, Engineers, Technicians, and Production Supervisors and Operators
Location: Coachella, California
The Test System Engineering Intern/Co-op at Esterline Defense Technologies is a key member of our new product development team, and will participate in the development of test and data acquisition systems and test processes for our new pyrophoric and combustible products. The engineer will also help to ensure continued test and data quality and perform continuous improvement of our existing deployed test and data acquisition systems.
Our test systems are used to perform measurements and acquire data on our products on a wide variety of physical, chemical, and electro-optical properties. These test systems and operating processes must be highly reliable in order to provide critical data on our products during manufacturing and product acceptance stages.
Assisting with Test System Development
* Develop and document test, test automation, data acquisition, and test system requirements
* Design and develop test systems, test automations, standard test procedures, fixtures, and equipment
* Assemble, and prove out test apparatus and instrumentation
* Communicate with internal customers on test requirements, methods and results
Ensuring Test System Quality Assurance
* Develop, qualify, and monitor test standards and calibration methods to ensure continued reliability of test systems, and to identify any test system issues
* Perform Measurement Systems Analysis to evaluate test system reliability and repeatability.
* Investigate problems, and perform troubleshooting and failure analysis on observed test anomalies, and identified test issues or failures. Implements corrective and preventive measures.
* Proactively identify areas of test risk, and implements potential avoidance or mitigation actions.
* Continuously improve test systems and validate changes before release, to enable improved data quality, measurement accuracy, and reduced test variability and test cycle times
* Ensure test laboratories and test areas are maintained to high standards of organization and cleanliness through the practices of 5S
* Ensure proper operation of all instrumentation, test and measuring equipment which may include operator training, managing or conducting repair, routine maintenance, and installation of new equipment
* Manage and monitor required test system spare parts inventories as needed
Performing Test Management and Execution
* Develop and peer review test plans, procedures, and experimental designs
* Oversee test events, ensuring such things as proper scheduling, receipt and documentation of test articles, and availability and suitability of test apparatus and procedures
* Ensure accurate collection of data, test logs, and records of test events
* Analyze data using statistical methods, and prepare clear and concise reports on test results, observations, and conclusions
* Develop and improve standard data reporting formats for test personnel to utilize
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Ability to work with various engineering disciplines to complete the design of test systems.
* Strong Computer skills desired, including data acquisition systems, networking, programming, SQL databases, and data management and manipulation.
* Programming and user interface development experience with LabView and National Instruments Data Acquisition hardware desired.
* Ability to perform basic statistical analysis to compare populations and determine statistical differences. Experience with Minitab is preferred.
* Excellent ability to troubleshoot problems with instrumentation or data acquisition systems
* Ability to understand electrical drawing schematics and setup and interconnect electrical test equipment. Prefer ability to create schematics as needed.
* Strong presentation preparation and delivery skills, including the ability to present data and conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
* Excellent communication and relationship skills with Senior Leadership, Program Management, Customers and engineering team members
* Must be a US Citizen
* Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Currently Enrolled in school and working towards BS in Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline required, MS or higher degree beneficial.
* Prior experience with measurement of infrared radiation, and vibration and thermal conditioning preferred.
4/10 work week.
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website, www.esterline.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Esterline Technologies Corporation, Coachella , Test System Engineering Co-op/Intern, Other , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!