Restaurant General Manager
Company: Taco Bell
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Restaurant General Manager (RGM)
Area Coach (AC), Market Manager
The RGM will manage a $500,000 - $2,750,000 restaurant with
average daily transactions of 500 - 1200 within the policies and
guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and
profit maximization. The RGM claims total operational and financial
responsibility for an individual unit. He/she directly performs
hands-on work on an ongoing basis to train employees, respond to
customer service needs, and otherwise role model appropriate
behaviors in the restaurant. The RGM will provide overall
leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team; coach and
train the team for operational excellence.
Note: RGMs are expected to work approximately 50 hours per week,
adhering to the "10 Principles" guidelines for scheduling (5
Principles for Managers).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential job functions include the following. Other functions
may be assigned as business conditions change.
BUILDING YOUR TEAM
- Find and hire the best team members and shift leads.
- Personally conduct orientation and on boarding for all new Team
- Create a training plan to develop a great restaurant team.
- Train and develop Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, and Team
- Ensure proper execution on all training and development
- Complete Restaurant People plans and conduct bench planning
- Conduct weekly manager meetings, and Team Member one-on-ones;
conduct formal performance appraisals.
- Consistently recognize and reward Team Member performance.
- Ensure conflicts within the restaurant are resolved in a timely
- Handle all personnel management functions in accordance with
state and federal employment laws.
- Conduct yourself in a way that is becoming to the Company, both
on and off the job.
DRIVING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Personally demonstrate positive interaction with
- Ensure that customer issues are resolved immediately.
- Schedule the right number of people, at the right time, and in
the right place to take care of customer needs.
- Coach management team on proper execution of CHAMPS.
- Lead product rollout meetings with management team; ensure
complete and timely execution of corporate and local marketing
- Ensure food quality.
- Know how your restaurants compare with competitors in your
trade area and strive to be better.
MAINTAIN PROCESS AND DISCIPLINE AROUND THE P&L
- Control profit and loss by following cash controls/security
procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, analyzing
financial performance, and creating a plan to maximize
profitability without compromising the customer experience.
- Manage the restaurant's budget.
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and
safety codes, and company safety and security policies are
- Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through
the use of a preventative maintenance plan based on company
- Ensure a secure working and customer environment through
employee training and role-modeling, facilitating your team's safe
- Follow Taco Bell standards and procedures to make food safety a
Team Members, Shift Managers, Assistant Managers, Senior
- High school diploma or GED required; college or university
- 2 to 4 years of supervisory experience within the food service
or retail industry, including profit and loss responsibility
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours.
- Must have a food handler's certificate according to state or
local requirements (may be obtained on-the-job).
- Must obtain food safety certification (on-the-job).
- Must be able to analyze and calculate data.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Basic business math and accounting skills required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Basic personal computer literacy required.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license, acceptable driving
record, and auto insurance as required.
- Acts in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward
customers and co-workers at all times.
- Acts as a role model and upholds all company standards.
- Contributes to the daily workflow with regular and punctual
- Exerts a high degree of energy and drive to meet customer
- Performs effectively and safely in an environment where there
is constant change and minimal direct supervision.
- Presents a tidy appearance with good hygiene.
- Is able to make quick and appropriate decisions.
- Takes action to meet customer needs.
- Anticipates bottlenecks in service and acts to resolve
- Learns quickly.
- Communicates viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and
managers in a constructive manner. Is able to do so effectively and
professionally, both orally and in writing.
Physical requirements are representative of those that must be
met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours per shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds;
frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds, and constantly lift and
carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to occasionally push and pull up to 20
- Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
fine manipulation, overhead lifting, and work on ladders
- Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and keying required.
- Repetitive use of both hands and feet required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties
and skills required.
Keywords: Taco Bell, Coachella , Restaurant General Manager, Other , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!