Table Games Shift Manager
Company: Spotlight 29 Casino
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operation and administration of the Table Games area during a shift. This includes but is not limited to of card and key inventory, games protection, compliance with M.I.C.S., Spotlight 29 Policies, and Gaming Commission standards, enforcement of policies, providing and promoting customer service excellence, and directing the assigned work force efficiently. Accountable for the win/loss ratio within the gaming parameters, the effective utilization and management of the staff towards outstanding customer service, consistent compliance of the staff to the SOP of the Table Games department, the required reporting obligations, and the monitoring of gaming through the selected tracking devices. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and in accordance with Spotlight 29 approved polices. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement: We are here for the Guest. Period.
- Assume custody and control of cards and keys during a shift.
- Prepare and assign rotation of Floor and Pit staff per established guidelines.
- Assign areas and break schedule.
- Maintain integrity of games directly and through subordinates.
- Accountable and responsible for the protection of assets of the casino.
- Ensure player ratings are completed accurately, consistently, and according to established guidelines.
- Record Bad Beat Jackpot updates from Audit, and post new daily total.
- Analyze and issue player complimentary requests per established guidelines.
- Monitor performance of staff ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Analyze gaming activities during shift and raises and/or lowers table betting limits as business needs dictate.
- Analyze gaming activities during shift and opens and/or closes table as business needs dictate.
- Manages and adjusts to obtain optimum efficiency during peak and slow periods during a shift.
- Monitor performances of staff ensuring guests are served according to established guidelines.
- Handle customer disputes and overpayments. Analyze situation and make decision based on circumstances. Complete required forms when necessary.
- Responsible for compliance with Title 31 Currency Transaction Reporting requirements.
- Ensure that administrative and accountability reports designed by management are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain integrity of all casino promotions as they pertain to Table Games.
- Responsible for training and development of dealers, floor, and pit staff.
- Assure that Table Games area looks neat, clean, organized and inviting.
- Keep Director informed of activities and incidents during shift.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned and within the responsibilities if the Table Games department.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Directly and through the floor staff manages the dealing staff of the department. Develop and maintain a positive work environment by implementing the organization's vision, policies, procedures, internal controls, and applicable laws with leadership and. Motivate the staff as a team and with consideration of individual talents through ongoing performance evaluations, positive and corrective disciplinary actions, and planned personnel development. Assist in the recruitment and selection of human resources through interviews and auditions. Communicate information, and concern through the chain of command. Establish and maintain game integrity and achieve optimum game protection through observation, employee direction, and the sharing of gaming knowledge and skills. Maintain inventory controls and proper internal audit procedures. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience and training, or a combination of education and experience in table game or card room operations. This includes but is not limited to: experience as a dealer, floor person, pit supervisor, shift manager trainee or shift manager.
- Must have overall knowledge of the gaming industry and tracking system concepts. Advanced skill levels on and knowledge of electronic tracking systems preferred.CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employmentPHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand in one location for extended periods of times; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision. The employee must be able to retain and recall significant amount of gaming regulations.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.· The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.· The Casino is a gaming facility.· The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.· Work environment is not a smoke free environment and involves consistent gaming activities.· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals (second hand smoke). · The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.· Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on a 24-hour, 7 – day per week basis Company DescriptionSpotlight 29 Casino is the Coachella Valley’s Best Bet, featuring 1,600 of the hottest and most popular slots of any Casino in the Coachella Valley. Spotlight 29 Casino also offers world-class table games where guests will always find a $5 table, plus delicious dining options including JEM Steakhouse and Capitata Buffet. Spotlight 29 Casino provides the premier entertainment experience in the Coachella Valley and is home to the 2,200 seat Spotlight Showroom which has featured headliners such as Bruno Mars, Marc Anthony, Pitbull, Dave Chappelle, Montgomery Gentry, Martina McBride and more, plus a Friday Free Tribute Concert Series where guests can see a tribute to their favorite acts for Free. Guests can also enjoy drink specials or dance the night away at three exciting nightclubs: Hot Spot, Blue Bar and Groove. Spotlight 29 Casino is only minutes from Palm Springs, located just off of Interstate 10 at Dillon Road. Spotlight 29 Casino is a business venture of the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians. For more information, go to www.Spotlight29.com or call 760-775-5566. Follow Spotlight 29 Casino on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram #Spotlight29Casino.
Keywords: Spotlight 29 Casino, Coachella , Table Games Shift Manager, Executive , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!