Mechanical Engineer II (Palm Springs Area, 4/10 Work Week)
Company: Esterline Technologies Corporation
Posted on: April 28, 2019
MECHANICAL ENGINEER II (PALM SPRINGS AREA, 4/10 WORK WEEK)
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer II, Esterline Defense
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high
standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Esterline Defense Technologies (EDT) is comprised of five
wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. The Defense Technologies
platform has a sole source position in Combustible Ammunition Cases
and Countermeasure Chaff. Additionally, Defense Technologies
produces Countermeasure Flares and related products for the global
defense industry. The platform is headquartered in Coachella, CA
with additional locations in the states of Arkansas, Tennessee and
North Carolina as well as one site in the United Kingdom.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies is part of the
Advanced Materials Business Segment of Esterline Technologies
Industry: Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 650
Title: Mechanical Engineer II
Job Family: Mechanical & Design Engineers
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
Performs engineering assignments making use of mechanics, physics,
thermodynamics, mathematics, hydraulics, and related mechanical
engineering subjects. Designs and implements molding tooling
equipment for in-house use, and improves manufacturing methods.
Supports the quality and quantity goals and objectives. Works with
maintenance in troubleshooting equipment and with vendors in
solving tooling problems. Supports research and development
projects as required. Able to work independently on assigned
* Designs, analyzes, and improves equipment, manufacturing methods,
and processes to meet Safety, Quality, Production, and reliability
* Estimates tooling and spare parts required for production.
* Troubleshoots processes and equipment, debugs new equipment and
tooling, and supervises the installation of new equipment.
* Supports Quality and Production with technical knowledge and
* Provides training to affected personnel from tooling or process
* Checks engineering drawings in accordance with engineering
standards, determines and specifies fits of details & assemblies,
i.e., process safety management, DoD contractor safety manual,
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct
* Four (4) year degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Good math skills, computer skills, knowledge of measuring
instruments, gauges, and machine tools.
* Capable of innovating existing methods to economically solve
production problems in a timely manner.
* Capable of prioritization of work load to support the business
* Not less than three (3) years experience as a Manufacturing
Engineer, with tool and/or machine design experience.
* Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the
ability to deal with people effectively.
Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as an employee:
customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and
trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented,
composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website,
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Keywords: Esterline Technologies Corporation, Coachella , Mechanical Engineer II (Palm Springs Area, 4/10 Work Week), Engineering , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!