Company: Armtec Defense Technologies
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Senior Accountant, Armtec Defense TechnologiesArmtec Defense
Technologies (Armtec) welcomes people who share our determination
and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work to
support those US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by
defending democracy and protecting freedom.-- Armtec is comprised
of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in
Coachella, CA; decoy flares in Camden AR; and countermeasure chaff
in Lillington NC. Armtec is headquartered in Coachella. This
position is staffed in Coachella, at Armtecs world-class,
sole-source production facility for felted fiber nitrocellulose
combustible cartridge cases for medium and large caliber military
ammunition.-- Company ProfileCompany: Armtec Defense Technologies
is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE: TDG).Industry:
Defense ManufacturingNumber of Employees: 650Job OverviewTitle:
Senior AccountantJob Family: Financial & Accounting
ManagementReports to: ControllerWorks with: Mid-level managers,
program managers, supervisors, planners and employees; as well as
significant direct interface with auditors.Location: Coachella,
CaliforniaType: --Full-TimeJob SummaryThe Senior Accountant
participates in all function based activities related to general
accounting and or cost accounting supporting the business unit. The
ideal candidate has a financial reporting background, including
consolidation of unit information, preparing information in formats
for external and internal reporting, variance reporting, and
analysis. This position assists in duties related to month-end
close, years end close, and the annual audit process. This position
reports to the Controller and is an important part of the
accounting team.--Primary Responsibilities
- Perform month-end accounting close activities including journal
entries, accruals, account reconciliations and other reporting
schedules and data analysis.
- Review journal entries for accuracy and timely completion based
- Maintains continuous improvement mindset and proactively
identifies, reviews and implements process improvements.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and assist with special
projects as needed or directed.
- Maintain proper Internal Controls and compliance with policies
and with GAAP and accounting requirements.
- Responsible for all Accounts Receivable activities for the
- Respond properly to Adhoc reporting and analysis requests.
- Effectively interface with internal and external customers at
all levels of the organization.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged
with complex situations and multiple sometimes competing
- Understand and live by Armtecs ethics and business conduct
- 5-7 years of extensive working knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a plus.
- Public traded company experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Government contracting is a plus.
- Strong computer/pc skills, specifically with Excel.
- Must be dependable, responsible, and accurate and have the
ability to deal with people effectively.Armtec Behavioral
CompetenciesArmtec seeks senior leaders who demonstrate a positive
outlook; sense of urgency, professionalism; cool under pressure;
approachability, charismatic leadership, interpersonal savvy,
motivational skills, conflict management, assessing people,
organizing, planning, priority setting, building effective teams,
managerial courage, fairness to direct reports and relentless drive
for results. Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university is
required. Candidates with a degree in Finance, Accounting or
Business will be most competitive. --
- Experience with consolidations of multi-site reporting.
- U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident is required.
- Due to special regulatory requirements for defense ammunition
manufacturing, successful applicants will be required to pass a
pre-employment background check and undergo initial and periodic
substance abuse testing (urinalysis). Work Hours & Travel
- 4-10 work week with occasional overtime on Fridays or weekends
as necessary, to meet deadlines.To ApplyPlease apply on-line on the
Armtec Career Website, --Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Armtec Defense Technologies, Coachella , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!