REMOTE Tax Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2022
REMOTE Tax Manager / $$$ / Non-profits and Association focused /
great benefits / true work life balance
This Jobot Job is hosted by Joseph Sipocz
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $110,000 - $150,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are the premier consulting firm in the sunny and ever popular
Coachella Valley. We are currently looking for an Tax Manager to
take the firm's Tax Practice to the next level. We will consider
both local and remote candidates. Local candidates will get to work
in our office in La Quinta.
As well as having the most competitive benefits package in the
region, we support professional development programs for our staff
and offer flexibility whenever possible - as well as a positive
office atmosphere with a talented group of co-workers who know how
to make work fun.
Why join us?
- True 40 hour work week
- Flexible during non busy season
- Top healthcare package
- Tons of paid time off
- Remote OR in office
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks
- Reports to the client Partner and directs the staff responsible
for determining the client's liability to various taxing
authorities for income tax, licenses, sales tax, property tax and
payroll tax as determined by the engagement.
- Analyzes the effect of tax accounting alternatives and studies
laws and regulations to ensure correct application of new tax
- Coordinates with clients and ensures achievement of all
objectives - designs all project and sets budgets and maintains
compliance and identify and mitigate all tax risks.
- Manages all communication with staff and clients.
- Supervises and reviews workpapers of junior staff -
approximately 50% of time will be review of work, more during the
busy seasons of the year.
- Serves as a coach and mentor for those in the Staff/Senior
- Performs research all tax planning projects and implement all
tax return position and ensure compliance to all departmental
policies and procedures.
- Prepares tax papers on monthly and annual basis and ensures
compliance to all FAS 109 tax disclosure requirements.
- Maintains all tax balances on general ledger and ensure
compliance to all regulations and timeframe and prepare all
information data requests.
- Participates in managing human resource and ensure adherence to
company policies and procedures and provide support to all special
- Prepares state and federal income tax returns.
- Calculates payments and filings and assists to make all tax
payments and ensure compliance to all timeframes.
- Assists clients with tax audits and prepares schedule for all
- Performs research to resolve all tax inquiries and provide
appropriate solutions and document all federal and tax
- Prepares federal, state, local and special tax returns by
collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Complies with federal, state, local requirements by studying
regulations; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions; communicating with attorneys, tax
specialists and company transfer agent to ensure timely tax
reporting requirements; and preparing discrimination testing for
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops or classes, reviewing professional
publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed, including special projects.
- Assists with development of tax department policies and
- Some financial statement preparation services.
- Develops employee training to further understanding necessary
Education & Experience
- Generally, has 5+ years of experience
- Education - Accounting degree or equivalent completed
- Must have CPA license with at least a G designation
- May have other professional designations or licenses
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Coachella , REMOTE Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Coachella, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!